Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 270

Thread: The Last Thing I Bought Was...

  1. #251
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Randy always talks about moving back to Simi...thats where his kids live now. I on the other hand WILL NEVER move there...just driving out to pick up the kids was enough for me. The air was heavy with smog, reminded me of Houston. Down in the Valley was nice but to crowded...I mean the houses are packed together so tight there is no yard and I net you can hear your neighbor when he farts!!!

  2. #252
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I loved it out there, I lived right in the middle of the Valley (just a few blocks south of Sherman Way & Reseda Blvd) before moving to Northridge, then Encino & finally North Hollywood. But I guess deepdown I'm a flatlander by heart... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The big Flea Market is in town tomorrow & the city wide yard sales stated today, So I bought a bag of paper back books (20 books for $3.50) 5 8x10 picture frames (50c), 2 cookbooks ($1), and some drinking glasses ($2).

    I will probably be a looky-lou tomorrow cause the flea market stuff will be outta my price range, but its a great way to kill a day

  3. #253
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't mind visitng the valley its just getting there that bothers me. The traffic on a Sunday morning at 7am is amazing!
    Good Job at the sale Rog...I always pick up books at garage sales. I haven't been tot he flea market in forever and there is one only 5 miles from my house at the traffic circle.

  4. #254
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DCP 5489

    The Antique Bottle Club puts on this Flea market twice a year (May & October). The City also has a city wide yard sale and people come from the four surrounding states.

    DCP 5490

    This year there were 230 dealers from around the country, set up shop on the Grade School parking lot, Playground & Gym.
    The girlscouts & Churches had food booths and bakesales going on also.

    This is the biggest event in my home town every year.

  5. #255
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I collect antique bottles....I dug a lot of them up in Alabama in the old Mobile dump along Mobile Bay...and on possum trot trail where there were a lot of old falling down turn of the century houses...just poke around for the location of the outhouse and find all kinds of snuff bottles etc..loads of fun..i would have enjoyed that flea market...

  6. #256
    distantdrums
    Guest distantdrums's Avatar

    Post

    I love flea markets and thrift stores.

    One of my favorite places to haunt is a shopping center not too far from where I live that is in what you'd call a not so great area but it's not too bad. The shopping center is made up of only thrift stores and you can find some amazing things. Because of the type of neighborhood it is many of the regular shoppers have no idea what they are looking at and you can find some real bargains on things for your home, clothing, you name it. Some of the things I've bought there have been a hand crafted pewter frame from Mexico, vintage martini pitcher with a glass stirrer, cool vintage clothing, lots of great stuff.

  7. #257
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too love vintage clothing stores. I started a library for myself because i love literature. It is amazing what you can find at rummage sales and Goodwill. In fact, I bought 60 books for $30, all classic literature including Voltaire, Dante, Hesse, etc...My mom, aka Cherrysmum, is an avid flea marketeer. She and my stepdad used to do flea markets all the time looking for lighters and NASCAR memorabilia.

    Last thing I bought, a six pack of beer and gas, which is hanging on at $1.17 a gallon.

  8. #258
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also love thrift stores or out here theyare refered to as resale shops. I got most of my dishes from one recently. I love yardsales, I usually head for books, or old record albums, but I really just enjoy the hunt.

    Miz Pez, Gas is $1.17 in your area? It is still around $2.13 here.

    Last thing I bought was two vanillia scented candles.

  9. #259
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oops I meant 2.17...my bad.

  10. #260
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]wink.gif[/img] Thas awright

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •